Monday, February 26, 2007

For My Friend

I would like to introduce you to a new blog called Iraqi Hopes created by my friend Hud. She is an Iraqi woman, living in Iraq, who is struggling to complete her Ph.D. thesis in linguistics. (Some of my readers will be familiar with the blog of Hud's good friend Najma who writes A Star from Mosul.) Hud's research is aimed at Americans. She asks her subjects to fill out a questionnaire. I completed the questions as one of her subjects. Her research is serious, and the questions will require a bit of time and thought to answer, but I found them very interesting! :) Hud is currently on her second extension and is feeling very anxious about getting enough subjects. So, if you are an American (I think one or two read my blog ;) ), or if you know some Americans who would like to help out a very nice Iraqi student, would you please take a look at Hud's blog and consider participating in her research, or asking your American friends to consider participating? If you would like to help her, then please contact her by e-mail (she posted a link to her e-mail address), and she will then send you (or your kind friends) her questionnaire. I would very much appreciate your help, and I know that Hud would appreciate it even more! Thank you my friends for your kind attention! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger A. Damluji said...

Hello David: yes i am already familiar with this research!

I already read about it some time ago at Najma's, and there she had already posted the questions (or so i remember), i advertised for it with friends and ppl i know, but it seems my efforts weren't that effective :(

Infernal Affairs i think was not dubbed, i personally like subbing more, the movie retains its identity, and you won't miss the action with Infernal Affairs, there is so little graphic violence/shootouts :)

2/28/2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger A. Damluji said...

i sent a message to everyone thru the IraqiBlogger mailing group, with all the required details, the members list does include all the names you mentioned and then some.. i hope they can help :)

and i just found out InfernalAffairs WAS dubbed, but BEWARE that version. try to catch it with subtitles for a much better experience.

3/02/2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hi Anarki :)

Thanks so much for helping to get the word out! Hopefully, the IraqiBloggers can put Hud over the top! :)

Hmmm, as you know, dubbed movies are my favorites. ;) However, I will look and see what my video store has available. It sounds like a fun movie. :)

3/03/2007 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home